A Mini Gift Guide for Your Keto Chef
You may not know much about the ketogenic diet, other than your friend or family member now eats their cheeseburger wrapped in lettuce instead of a bun. They turn down the offer of anything with sugar and eat a wide variety of vegetables. They now require fat in their diet, completely opposite almost everything you've ever been told about eating. The ketogenic diet is about reducing carbohydrates and getting the body to use fat as fuel instead.
Finding the best gifts for the new keto chef in your life could be a challenge, but this gift guide is a good place to start.
Pre-packaged foods may seem like they are on the restricted list when it comes to the ketogenic diet, but, since gaining popularity, many companies now make products that are designed to meet the needs of the keto dieter and the macro requirements of the diet. These foods are convenient for busy people to carry with them as snacks so they can stick to their diet while on the go or with a busy schedule.
When choosing snacks, be sure to check the ingredient list to look for sugar or dextrose, since this can interrupt the body process of ketosis and may even cause cravings. Salted snacks are usually safe and keto dieters can enjoy a number of seeds and nuts.
- Quest Protein Cookie
- Roasted Cacao Nibs
- Backattack Snacks Beef Jerky
- Backattack Snacks Original Almonds
- Coconut Butter Packs
- Nuttzo Nut and Seed Butter
- Salted Coconut Chips
- Erie Bone Broth Bone Broth Collection
A keto dieter has likely also found themselves becoming a keto chef since dining out can be a challenge when you have certain dietary needs. A kitchen made for a person following the ketogenic diet should have a few essentials to make preparing meals much easier, especially if this is a venture for the entire family. A few gadgets can make it easy to replace staples such as pasta and rice with vegetables.
- Slow Cooker
- Food Processor
- Silicone Baking Pans
- Vegetable Steamer Insert
- Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet
- Vacuum Sealer
- Covered Casserole Dishes
Most keto chefs have been cooking in an entirely different manner all their lives. Cookbooks can be a very welcome addition to a keto dieter's arsenal when it comes to keeping this restrictive diet appealing with a variety of foods and recipes. Many recipe books are designed for slow cookers and a very short ingredient list so people don't feel overwhelmed when trying out new things.
- The Keto Diet: The Complete Guide to a High-Fat Diet by Leanne Vogel
- Keto Made Easy by Megha Barot and Matt Gaedke
- The Complete Ketogenic Diet for Beginners: Your Essential Guide to Living the Keto Lifestyle by Amy Ramos
- Simply Keto: A Practical Approach to Health & Weight Loss by Suzanne Ryan
- The Easy 5-Ingredient Ketogenic Diet Cookbook: Low-Carb, High-Fat Recipes for Busy People on the Keto Diet by Jen Fisch
- Keto Comfort Foods by Maria Emmerich
- Easy Keto Desserts: 60+ Low-Carb, High-Fat Desserts for Any Occasion by Carolyn Ketchum
- The Keto Diet Crock Pot Cookbook: 101 Delicious and Easy Slow Cooker Recipes for Weight Loss, Healing, and Confidence on the Ketogenic Diet by Cindy Sanders
- Easy Dairy-Free Ketogenic Recipes: Family Favorites Made Low-Car and Healthy by Maria Emmerich
The keto dieter in your life will certainly appreciate the thought you put into choosing a food, machine, or book that will make their way of eating more streamlined or simpler. Picking the best gifts from this gift guide will also make this choice easier on you, even if you may not be a keto expert.