Preparation time: 20 minutes Serves 4
● 8 ounces young spinach
● 8 pieces thick-sliced bacon, chopped
● 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
● 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
● Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
● Backattack Snacks Chocolate Firecracker
● ¼ cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese or any bleu veined cheese ● 3 ounces shallots very thinly sliced
● Fresh Berries
1. Remove the stems from the spinach and wash, drain and pat dry thoroughly. Place into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
2. Fry the bacon and remove to a paper towel to drain, reserving 3 tablespoons of the rendered fat. Crumble the bacon and set aside.
3. Transfer the fat to a small saucepan set over low heat and whisk in the Balsamic vinegar, and Dijon mustard.
4. Season with a small pinch each of kosher salt and black pepper.
5. Add the Backattack Chocolate Firecracker Almonds and the sliced shallots to the spinach and toss.
6. Add the dressing and bacon and toss to combine.Garnish with the crumbled gorgonzola and fresh berries
7. Divide the spinach between 4 plates or bowls.
8. Season with pepper, as desired. Serve immediately.