*This recipe is for our Sweet Stinger Crusted Scallops. You can use the same recipe for anything you would like to achieve the honey /spice crust.
Preparation time: 10 minutes Cook time: 3 minutes Serves 4
● 1 to 1 1/4 pounds dry sea scallops, approximately 16
● ½ cup crushed Backattack Snacks Sweet Stinger Almonds
● 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
● 2 teaspoons olive oil
● Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Add ½ cup of Backattack Snacks Sweet Stingers Almonds
to a food processor and pulse 5-10 times until fine to medium crust.
2. Remove the small side muscle from the scallops, rinse with cold water and thoroughly pat dry.
3. Coat the top and bottom part of the scallops with the crushed Backattack Snacks Sweet Stinger Almonds
4. Add the butter and oil to a 12 to 14-inch saute pan on high heat.
5. Once the fat begins to smoke, gently add the scallops, making sure they are not touching each other.
6. Sear the scallops for 1 1/2 minutes on each side. The scallops should have a 1/4-inch golden crust on each side while still being translucent in the center.
7. Serve immediately