Sweet Stinger Almond Cornbread
- 1 1/4 cups gluten free all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Sweet Stinger Almonds
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 3/4 cup cornmeal (fine)
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 1/4 cup refined coconut oil
- 1 De-seeded and Diced Serrano Pepper
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and butter a cast iron skillet (preferably ) or spray an 8x8 pan
- Crush almonds in food processor or chop with chef knife
- In a large bowl, whisk together the gluten free flour, Sweet Stinger Almonds, xantham gum, cornmeal, sweet corn, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, oil, and egg. Pour the wet ingredients into a the dry ingredients and mix until incorporated. Pour the batter into the cast iron skillet and smooth out the batter.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-24 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature.